Monday, October 03, 2005

The Beauty of Tea

I was very interested to learn that tea comes
from the camellia family. The leaves of
the camellia sinensis are dried and withered
to make the tea. The real one has single petalled
white flowers with typical camellia leaves,
and a beautiful gold centre. Took this lovely
photo of a cousin of the tea camellia
from the treetops here in this peaceful
teahouse and thought I'd post the view
I'd seen here. Needless to say my cup of tea was
delicious and the conversation was just right.
copyright Monika Roleff 2005.

4 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger Fran said...

A white camellia from a garden spot
a cup of pale tea in a small black pot
a dream of a tea house where we meet
and talk of all that is delight.

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Lovely Fran.

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

This is very beautiful Monika. I do love to sit on my back verandah, enjoying a cuppa in full view of my pink camellia. What a pity she has such a relatively short season.

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Luna said...

I love camellias, especially the pink ones!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>