Tuesday, January 24, 2006

During my cuppa

As I sit in the tea tree sipping a lovely steamy mug of jasmine tea, I pen a poem that tells of my heart's new topography:

TODAY AND EVERY DAY

Today and every day.
I will seek out joy,
Share laughter and smiles.
Celebrate the day,
I will savour the moment
As it flerets into history.
Lose myself in a sunbeam
Feel breezes on my face.

I will dance fearlessly
Not caring who might see.
Today and every day.
I will offer kindnesses
Share myself sans expectations
With friends and strangers.
I will thank the Gods
That I am here, alive.

Taste deeply of all feelings
Experieince every sensation equally.
Pain has a place in our lives
As surely as does joy.
Today and every day.
I will celebrate that I love
Without claiming possesion,
And can still trust others.

This be my new reality,
A vist of wonders to discover
Both great and small joys,
Something glorious to be found.
Hope a sweet companion,
And a smile that is always ready.
This is the prayer of my Spirit
Today and every day.

3 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

For surely, Gwen, this is a poem to live by ... Lovely.

Vi

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Gwen M. Myers said...

I read this aloud to Mum during her bath. She listened as she soaked and then said in a soft, happy voice, "Oh, that makes me feel so much better!!"
I asked her if it was the theme or the fact that I wrote it and she said it was the fact that I wrote it; she said that it means she was a good mother because I couldn't have written that had I had a lousy mother. Finally, she realises what I've been telling her for decades, that she was a great Mom; especially in that all of us know that Mum (a.k.a. Bomba Yaga-LMFLAO) will love us and care no matter how badly we screw up. With that, everything else will work out.
I go on to tell her that all she need do is look at our characters to know what kind of mother she was. Since all of us have a basic goodness and sturdy courage that we learned from Mum that is a reflection of her mothering.
It is marvellous to me that she finally accepts what all of us have been saying all along!!
Go Mum, go!!!!

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

This is so nice, all of it, to read:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>