Thursday, October 20, 2005

Tea with the ducks and fairies

I've had a lovely afternoon at the tea room. I brought my darling grand daughter Shannon with me, and she was enchanted with everything. She ordered Persephone's cakes and Baba's tea, while I had the delicious Butternut squash soup and Kwan Yin tea. We both had scones and blackberry jam - the scones were so light I thought they were flying away, then Shannon pointed out it was just some naughty fairies.





After lunch, I sketched Shannon feeding the ducks as she sat under the willow tree. Shannon is mad about ducks and we saved some scones to share with them.



Mmmmm - maybe we'll have just one more serving of scones before we head home.

5 Comments:

At 4:00 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

This is so gorgeous. The colour is light and fresh.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger aletta said...

Delightfully done, beware the swans.

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

Swans! How wonderful - when I lived in Ireland I used to play on the banks of the Grand Canal in Dublin. The swans there were very aggressive in nesting time but I managed to keep the peace with them by taking bread with me. Next time I shall look out for them.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

This is just gorgeous Gail. I do declare the purveyors of pencils are going to notice an upsurge in their sales. Now swans, particularly the black swan are very dear to my heart.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Luna said...

This is so sweet! What a lovely day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>