Sunday, October 02, 2005

Tea Muse

I been sittin' in the corner for a spell,
just sippin' ice tea made in the sunnin' jar.
Its nice to see people wander in --
never in a hurry like in them coffee places;
knowing that tea takes time to brew.

Infusion is the rightful name, you understand --
any temperature water 'ceptin' boiling,
less you destroy the magic blending
of birthing water and nature's leaf or herb.
It takes a bit of time and caring to do it right.

Nope -- most people only have time for a
wham-bam sweezed crazy expresso --
than a dash back to work so they can afford
to buy the stuff -- and get all frenzied up
and need another cup of coffee all too soon.

Now tea folk have a better way of mixing pleasures --
take time to relax and meet friends old and new,
and infuse a bit of spirit and soul into conversation;
or just watchin' and thinkin' and plannin',
so that the days work will get done on time for sure.

faucon

3 Comments:

At 4:59 AM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

sums it up perfectly, why I like tea and why I like this place

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger le Enchanteur said...

Tea people do take things more slowly. It reminds me of morning tea time when I was growing up. The first thing I still say to someone who visits is 'can I make you a cup of tea or coffee'

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Luna said...

I really think the ritual of tea and taking time to relax is something everyone should do. It puts our minds in a different space. Please sit all you like and write some more thoughtful poetry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>