Sunday, October 23, 2005

Frozen Dreams



"to sleep, perchance to dream …"
muses the bard of yesterday,
a foreshadowing then --
but a memory now more real than tomorrow.

My aching joints and gristled brow
may dream of days of prancing youth,
and idle hours by a stream,
and entrancing verities.

But why ???
at a nonce I can conjure up then
more suredly than when,
and freeze it in form
and emotion --
relived and cherished,
for contemplation.

'tis said, "If I knew then what I know now,"
as a whimsical diversion,
when you can be then,
again and again,
for that is where wisdom comes.

2 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Blogger aletta said...

Ah, I know as well the sound an fury of advanced age as it tries to rise from a bed or chair.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Lois said...

Ah...
Give me wisdom only bring it on sooner than later Faucon
I am sad for my aching joints but in comparison with my late coming to wisdom it pails into significance...

Regards, Lois 26/10/05

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>